8-Week Online MBSR Program
Upcoming dates to be announced
Get notified of upcoming 8 Week Program:
Would you like to learn about Mindfulness, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), and MBSR Teacher Training?
Watch this interview with a world leading Mindfulness teacher and teacher trainer Florence Meleo-Meyer from the Mindfulness Centre at Brown University and Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat from the Centre For Mindfulness Canada.
The upcoming schedule will be announced shortly…
Subscribe by email above to be notified of program dates announcement.
Please note: The session time is in Pacific Time. The Pacific time zone encompasses western Canada, western United States, and western Mexico. To calculate your specific times zone: use this time converter tool.
- About this Program
- About the Facilitator
- Fee & Helpful Info
- Payment & Refund Policy
- How to Apply
About this Program
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program is a highly respected program within the medical community for dealing with stress, pain, illness, and the demands of daily life. It was developed in 1979 by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School - Division of Preventative and Behavioral Medicine. MBSR is not an alternative to traditional or psychological treatments but is a complement to those approaches.
The eight-week MBSR program will provide participants with the opportunity to engage in formal MBSR mindfulness meditation practices, as well as investigation of themes of perception, automatic, habitual stress reactivity, mindfulness-mediated stress response and interpersonal communication.
At the conclusion of the MBSR program, participants will be able to:
- Explore and recognize personal patterns around automatic pilot thinking, and automatic habitual stress reactivity that can increase burnout and reduce effectiveness;
- Identify and understand current life stressors;
- Reflect on and examine individual resources for meeting stress, comparing adaptive and maladaptive coping mechanisms;
- Understand how stress expresses itself in human biology and physiology, and then how mindfulness can reduce the stress cycle;
- Utilize formal and informal mindfulness practices to reduce distraction, bring greater clarity and intentionality to decision-making, and increase emotional regulation;
- Learn and practice mindful listening as an effective skill in human relating;
- Develop a plan for using mindfulness practices to support one’s health and well-being.
The MBSR program is open to anyone 19 years of age and older. It is an interactive Live Online program via Zoom conferencing.
What you will need is:
- A device (e.g., computer or phone) with speaker, microphone, and video capabilities.
- Internet connection.
About the Facilitator
This eight-week MBSR program will be facilitated by Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat.
He is a Registered Psychologist and University of Massachusetts Certified MBSR Teacher and recognized Teacher Trainer by the Mindfulness Center at Brown University. He is the founder of Center For Mindfulness Canada, which is part of the Global Mindfulness Collaborative. Kasim has also completed a six-month meditation retreat in silence in Southeast Asia and presented a TEDx about mindfulness.
For a full bio – click here.
Fee & Helpful Info
Fee: $545 CAD total (includes MBSR booklet and mindfulness audios).
Helpful Fee Info: I am a Registered Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia (CPBC). Some Extended Health plans cover Psychologist Services for BC residents. Otherwise, non-reimbursed Psychologist fees are tax deductible according to Canada Revenue Agency.
Payment & Refund Policy
Payment Method: INTERAC e-Transfer (preferred), cheque, money order, or wire transfer.
Payment Options: You can contact me if you need to make a special payment arrangement.
Refund Policy: Refunds for this MBSR program are provided for cancellations made prior to the MBSR session #1, less a $50 processing fee. After that, no refunds or credits will be issued unless it is due to an emergency or extenuating circumstances. Thank you for your understanding.
How to Apply
To apply for this program, when registration is open, please scroll down and fill the form below (if no registration button appears, registration is not open). If your application is received after the program is full, you will be placed on a waiting list.