All-Day Session For MBSR/MBCT Graduates – February 18, 2023
February 18 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program is a highly respected program within the medical community for dealing with stress, pain, illness, and the demands of daily life. It was developed in 1979 by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Division of Preventative and Behavioral Medicine. MBSR is not an alternative to traditional or psychological treatments but is a complement to those approaches.
The eight-week MBSR program will provide participants with the opportunity to engage in formal MBSR mindfulness meditation practices, as well as investigation of themes of perception, automatic, habitual stress
reactivity, mindfulness-mediated stress response and interpersonal communication.
At the conclusion of the MBSR program, participants will be able to:
- Explore and recognize personal patterns around automatic pilot thinking, and automatic habitual stress reactivity that can increase burnout and reduce effectiveness;
- Identify and understand current life stressors;
- Reflect on and examine individual resources for meeting stress, comparing adaptive and maladaptive coping mechanisms;
- Understand how stress expresses itself in human biology and physiology, and then how mindfulness can reduce the stress cycle;
- Utilize formal and informal mindfulness practices to reduce distraction, bring greater clarity and intentionality to decision-making, and increase emotional regulation;
- Learn and practice mindful listening as an effective skill in human relating;
- Develop a plan for using mindfulness practices to support one’s health and well-being.
As a stand alone day, this MBSR All-Day session is only open to those who have completed the eight-week MBSR or MBCT program. You will also be practicing with other participants from the current eight-week MBSR program.
The All-Day session will provide you with 7.50 hours to deepen your mindfulness practices and connect with other MBSR and MBCT participants. The practices will include body scan, mindful yoga, sitting meditation, walking meditation, loving-kindness meditation, and mindful eating.
The retreat will be in silence most of the day, and the day will end with a debrief of your experience and learning’s.
This eight-week MBSR program will be facilitated by Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat. He is a Registered Psychologist and University of Massachusetts Certified MBSR Teacher and authorized Teacher Trainer by the Mindfulness Center at Brown University. He is the founder of Center For Mindfulness Canada. Kasim has also completed a six-month meditation retreat in silence in Southeast Asia and presented a TEDx about mindfulness. For a full bio – click here.
$85 CAD for one All-Day session
- Prepare your own lunch ahead of time.
- Wear comfortable clothes and layers as your room temperate may fluctuate
- You can use a yoga mat and anything else that may support you, such as meditation cushion or blanket
To apply for the upcoming ONLINE All-Day MBSR session (only open for MBSR/MBCT graduates), please fill the form below. Please don’t send a payment until you receive a confirmation e-mail from me. Instructions on how to join us online will be sent to you.
NOTE: The information is only viewed by me (Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat) and is confidential. As a Registered Psychologist, I adhere to the highest standards of practice.
- Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat