Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training (April 2023)
April 29, 2023 @ 9:00 am - April 30, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
- Laughter Yoga Poster
- What is Laughter Yoga?
- About this program
- About The Facilitator
- Program Fee
- Continuing Education
- Payment & Cancellation Policy
- How to apply
Laughter Yoga was created in the mid-1990s by a Physician from India, Dr. Madan Kataria with the support of his wife Madhuri Kataria – a yoga teacher. It is a unique exercise routine which combines unconditional laughter with yogic breathing (pranayama), and playful exercises and activities. Anyone can laugh without relying on humor, jokes or comedy.
Laughter is initially simulated as a physical exercise while maintaining eye contact with others in the group and promoting playfulness. Laughter yoga has quickly grew as a grassroots social movement of independent laughter clubs, promoting the ideal of a non-political, non-religious, non-racial, non-threatening, and non-competitive voluntary (simulated) approach to laughter. It has spread to over 100 countries.
Would you like to become a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader with Laughter Yoga International?
At this two-day Online Training you will discover:
- Laughter’s physical, emotional and social benefits.
- How to simulate and stimulate laughter.
- Stress-relieving techniques that deepen creativity and build resilience.
- The philosophy and history of Laughter Yoga and fundamentals of leading a laughter session.
- How to lead your own community Laughter Club or Laughter sessions (healthy-workplace, healthcare, seniors etc.).
- Laughter yoga exercises that will bring more happiness and connection in your personal/professional life.
- How to connect people with optimism, health and healing through a wonderfully playful, scientifically-proven form of exercise.
Before the training begins, you need to have attended at least two Laughter Yoga sessions. If you have not attended a Laughter Yoga session, you can join me in the monthly Free Laughter Yoga session. Otherwise, you can take a class in any other laughter yoga club in the city (here is great link to listings). And, if you still can’t attend two classes locally before the weekend training, you can try this phone laughter yoga club!
Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat’s (PhD, Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher) counselling background and interest in mental, physical and emotional wellness led him to Laughter Yoga in 2007. He trained with Dr. Madan Kataria, the founder of Laughter Yoga, and became a Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher. Kasim has been running the Laughter Yoga certification training since 2011. His work in Laughter Yoga has caught the attention of media including North Shore News, Maclean’s magazine, Simon Fraser University News, Global BC Television, Vancouver Courier, and TELUS Optic TV. Kasim is also a certified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher through the University of Massachusetts Medical School and Authorized MBSR Teacher Trainer through the Center for Mindfulness at Brown University. Learn more.
Seia Roots is Laughter Yoga Teacher, Laughter Wellness Teacher and Community Educator with the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA). With a lifetime passion for and dedication to expressive healing arts, Seia is delighted to share Laughter Yoga as a skill for improving and maintaining mental, physical, creative, and spiritual health and healing. Seia regularly attends and leads Laughter Clubs and sessions. You can reach Seia at email@example.com
Here is what graduates have said about this Online Training:
I was pleasently surprised and the training exceeded my expectations. Kasim did a fantastic job creating a positive and safe environment that allowed us to have fun and gain confidence. Many many opportunities to practice leading, clear guidance, clear format and repetition have given me the confidence to go and lead laughter yoga sessions on my own. Thank you. (2021 graduate from the online CLYL Training)
This training was awesome ! I met some incredible people. Kasim create a safe place for us to share and to laught it out ! It was a dream came true for me to take that training and it was even better than I’ve imagined. Thank you Kasim for this kind and loving experience. (2021 graduate from the online CLYL Training)
Laughter Yoga Leader training was very uplifting and empowering. I recommend it to anyone who wishes to bring more laughter and joy to their own life and to the world.
(2020 graduate from the online CLYL Training)
Kasim, you were fantastic, thank you! Your timing and pacing was perfect! Your energy remained elevated and you held my interest! I stayed interested the entire 2 days! I felt present throughout the training, and had so much fun learning, playing, imagining, pretending, laughing, and being part of the group! I learned about myself and am excited to create new neural pathways through regular laughter and childlike play! Thank you, Kasim!
(2020 graduate from the online CLYL training)
The fee for the course will depend on when you will register. Here are the fees:
1. Early Bird Fee until March 31, 2023.
- Individual tuition $445 CAD total
2. Regular Fee after March 31, 2023:
- a) Individual tuition $559 CAD total
- b) If you miss the early bird rate, you can sign up with someone for the Group Rate (i.e., 2 or more people) and get 20% off Regular rate, fee becomes $447 CAD each*
3. Are you a previously Certified Laughter Yoga Leader (CLYL) by us? If so, you can join us for the fun training weekend. The rate if you are a CLYL:
- a) For Saturday only it is $150 total.
- b) For both Saturday & Sunday, it is $220.50 total (i.e., 50% off the lowest tuition rate).
- Note: Sunday only is not an option.
* Group Fee above only applicable for two new registrants in the training (i.e., not a returning leader with a new registrant).
This CLYL Training is recognized by Dr. Kataria School of Laughter Yoga. It is also recognized by the Canadian Yoga Alliance for 16 Continued Education Credits under the Certified Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School Continuing Education (CYA-RYS-CE).
Refunds for this CLYL Training are provided for cancellations made 8 days prior to the start date (i.e., cancellations made by April 21, 2023), less a $50 processing fee. After that, no refunds or credits will be issued unless it is due to an emergency or extenuating circumstances. Thank you for your understanding. Also, on the off chance that the training is cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, registrants will receive an email to this effect no later than 7 days before the training.
To apply for this April 29-30, 2022, Certified Laughter Yoga Leader (CLYL) training please fill the form below.
Application filled this month will be processed the first week on the following month. You will then be notified of your application status. If you do not hear from us by then, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat