Free MBSR Teacher Training Info Session – March 6, 2023
March 6 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- The enriching and rigorous process for those interested in teaching mindfulness as taught in the eight-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program.
- Learn about the programs on Teacher Training Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3.
- Learn about program requirements and prerequisites for application
- Meet the instructor with opportunities to ask questions
The prerequisite to start your MBSR Teacher Training Path involves:
- Successful completion of a live (online or in-person) 8-week MBSR program (including eight, 2.5 hour classes, an all-day class, and daily home practice)
- Consistent daily meditation practice (two years preferred)
- Consistent body awareness movement, preferably yoga (two years preferred)
- Participation in a 5-7 day silent (live online or in-person), teacher-led mindfulness retreat within the last three years. If you would like a list of possible retreat locations that could meet this requirement, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This eight-week MBSR program will be facilitated by Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat. He is a Registered Psychologist and University of Massachusetts (UMass) Center For Mindfulness (CFM) Certified MBSR Teacher and Trainer. He is the founder of Center For Mindfulness Canada. Kasim has also completed a six-month meditation retreat in silence in Southeast Asia and presented a TEDx about mindfulness. For a full bio – click here.
To maintain the highest standards of excellence and fidelity, the trainings offered through our Center For Mindfulness Canada (CFMC) follows the same curricula and training process developed at UMass Medical School, which was further developed by Brown University and used by the Global Mindfulness Collaborative (GMC). Both our Centre and the Mindfulness Center at Brown University (MC@B) are members of the GMC. Learn more about this Training Path.
To register for the FREE Online MBSR info session please complete the form below.
- Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat