5-Day Online Mindfulness Meditation Retreat 2024
Cultivating Wisdom and Compassion
Next event: Friday March 22nd to Wednesday March 27th, 2024
Get notified when registration opens:
- About this Event
- Featured Video
- About the Facilitators
- Payment and Refund Policy
- Continuing Education
About this Event
This traditional insight mindfulness meditation retreat will offer silent periods of sitting and walking meditation as well times for practice discussions.
Each day there will be a talk and systematic meditation instructions on the four foundations of mindfulness that are embedded in lovingkindness. These teachings and practices will emphasize quieting the mind, opening the heart, and developing clarity, wisdom, and compassion; and foster the depth of practice.
This retreat is suitable for anyone wishing to deepen their practice and cultivate further understanding of mindfulness meditation. It may also be of interest to those teaching or aspiring to teach mindfulness in healthcare, psychology, education, science, government, or in the business and corporate sectors.
Please note: This retreat fulfils part of the retreat requirements for MBSR teacher training.
About the Facilitators
Kasim Al-Mashat, PhD,is a Registered Psychologist and University of Massachusetts Certified MBSR Teacher and authorized Teacher Trainer by the Mindfulness Center at Brown University. He is the founder of Center For Mindfulness Canada. Kasim has also completed a six-month meditation retreat in silence in Southeast Asia and presented a TEDx about mindfulness. For a full bio – click here.
Bob Stahl, PhD, has founded eight Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programs in medical centers in the San Francisco Bay Area. He serves as an Assistant Professor of the Practice in the Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences in the School of Public Health at Brown University Mindfulness Center (formerly at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School). Bob teaches MBSR Teacher Trainings and Insight Mindfulness Meditation retreats worldwide and is the former guiding teacher at Insight Santa Cruz and a visiting teacher at Spirit Rock and Insight Meditation Society. He is coauthor of 5 books: A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook (1st & 2nd editions), Living With Your Heart Wide Open, Calming the Rush of Panic, A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook for Anxiety, and MBSR Everyday.
From Google Reviews:
- Interact e-transfer (within Canada), wire transfer, money order, or check.
- Credit card payments available via Square invoicing (with additional $30 CAD processing fee)
- Please do not send any payment until your application has been accepted.
- Do you have questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or instructions on how to send the interact e-transfer or where to mail the check to.
A refund, less a $100 processing fee, will be offered for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the program start date. After that, refunds or credit will only be offered for cancellations made due to an emergency or due to extenuating circumstances.
This 5-Day Online Mindfulness Meditation Retreat has 17 CE credit hours approved by the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA). The Centre For Mindfulness Canada maintains responsibility for the program.
Additional information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals in Canada and United States:
- CE credits for psychologists are also provided by the Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Academy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
For questions about CE through the Spiritual Competency Academy, contact at email@example.com
Day 1 (4:00 pm – 6:30 pm PST)
Days 2-3-4 (6:30 am – 6:30 pm PST)
Day 5 (6:30 am – 9:30 am PST)
A detailed schedule will be sent to you. Please note, all times are in Pacific Time. The Pacific time zone encompasses western Canada, western United States, and western Mexico. To calculate your specific times zone: use this time converter tool.
Fees are in Canadian Dollars for this 5-day online retreat.
Early Bird Fee (by February 23rd, 2024): $750 CAD
Regular Fee: $850 CAD
Please note: If you are seeking CEs, see “Continuing Education” tab above. There is an additional $100 fee for CEs (a total of 17 CEs will be provided).