Free MBSR Teacher Training Info Session – July 17, 2023
- About the Program
- About the Facilitators
- Training Recognition
- Registration Information
About the Program
Join the upcoming FREE Teacher Training info session and learn about:
- The enriching and rigorous process for those interested in teaching mindfulness as taught in the eight-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program.
- Learn about the programs on Teacher Training Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3.
- Learn about program requirements and prerequisites for application
- Meet the instructor with opportunities to ask questions
The MBSR Teacher Training journey requires a development process of trainees over time by completing not only the formal training programs and both individual and group mentoring, but also an ongoing commitment to inner work and the self-discovery. This journey is anchored in the trainees commitment to their personal mindfulness meditation practices, process, and ethics.
Please note: If you have not taken the eight-week MBSR program as a participant, then perhaps you can also consider attending an info session about the MBSR program.
The prerequisites to start your MBSR Teacher Training Path involve:
- Successful completion of a live (online or in-person) 8-week MBSR program (including eight, 2.5 hour classes, an all-day class, and daily home practice)
- Consistent daily meditation practice (two years preferred)
- Consistent body awareness movement, preferably yoga (two years preferred)
- Participation in a 5-7 day silent (live online or in-person), teacher-led mindfulness retreat within the last three years. If you would like a list of possible retreat locations that could meet this requirement, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Facilitators
This info session will be facilitated by Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat. He is a Registered Psychologist and University of Massachusetts (UMass) Center For Mindfulness (CFM) Certified MBSR Teacher and Trainer. He is the founder of Center For Mindfulness Canada. Kasim has also completed a six-month meditation retreat in silence in Southeast Asia and presented a TEDx about mindfulness. For a full bio – click here.
Jon Aaron teaches meditation, Buddhist dharma, and is a Somatic Experience Practitioner® in New York City. He is well known as a teacher of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) as well as a trainer of new teachers of this seminal 8-week curriculum. Among his primary interests are the use of meditation and somatic work in healing trauma and working with individuals with chronic pain and grief. Recently he has been teaching for the New York Police Department in an 8-hour intervention called Cultivating Mindfulness:expanding the capacity of mind and body to work with stress, anxiety and trauma. He is a co-founder of the MBSR Teacher Collaborative of Greater New York and a founding member of the Global Mindfulness Collaborative and is a long-time teacher at New York Insight Meditation Center. When the pandemic hit, along with his partner he co-founded Space2Meditate, an online community of meditators which is still going strong six days a week. JonAaron.net, Space2Meditate.com
To maintain the highest standards of excellence and fidelity, the trainings offered through our Center For Mindfulness Canada (CFMC) follows the same curricula and training process developed at UMass Medical School, which was further developed by Brown University and used by the Global Mindfulness Collaborative (GMC). Both our Centre and the Mindfulness Center at Brown University (MC@B) are members of the GMC. Learn more about this Training Path.
To register for the FREE Online MBSR info session please complete the form below.