Online MBSR Intensive Practice and Teaching (IPT)
Level 1-B MBSR Teacher Training
Upcoming dates to be announced
Get notified of upcoming training dates:
About this Program
MBSR Training Level 1-B: Intensive Practice and Teaching
MBSR Intensive Practice and Teaching (IPT) is the second formal training on the Global Mindfulness Collaborative Pathway to teach, providing a deeper dive into the MBSR curriculum's form and essence and greater clarity to its intention, content and flow. True to its name, this training is an intensive immersion in MBSR that strengthens teaching skills and personal practice.
As a trainee, you will expand your experiential and cognitive understanding of MBSR through practice teaching, receiving feedback from peers and trainers, study and self-reflection, mindfulness practice, and the support of the learning community. The IPT aims explicitly to develop teaching skills as well as the embodied presence and qualities of heart that support freedom from suffering for ourselves and those we serve.
Upon successful completion of the IPT:
- Trainees begin to teach the eight-week MBSR program as “Qualified, Level 1” teachers.
- Get listed on the Global Mindfulness Collaborative (GMC) as "Qualified, Level 1" teacher.
About the Facilitator
This program will be facilitated by Dr. Kasim Al-Mashat.
He is a Registered Psychologist and University of Massachusetts Certified MBSR Teacher and recognized Teacher Trainer by the Mindfulness Center at Brown University. He is the founder of Center For Mindfulness Canada, which is part of the Global Mindfulness Collaborative. Kasim has also completed a six-month meditation retreat in silence in Southeast Asia and presented a TEDx about mindfulness.
Pre-requisites for MBSR Intensive Practice and Teaching:
- Successful completion of MBSR Essentials or its equivalents, such as 10-Week MBSR Foundations at Brown University.
- Presenting 3 workshops or short intro classes. These can use elements from the 8-week MBSR curriculum.
- Completed at least two qualifying 5-7 day silent Insight or Mindfulness retreat.
Schedule: Three weekends in addition to an orientation. Upcoming dates TBA. All sessions will be via Zoom.
A detailed schedule will be sent to you. Please note, all times are in Pacific Time. The Pacific time zone encompasses western Canada, western United States, and western Mexico. To calculate your specific times zone: use this time converter tool.
- Early Bird Fee (Date TBA): $3,500 CAD
- Regular Fee: $3,900 CAD